Wednesday, June 20, 2012

First Day of School Activity

Never read it before? Here you go!
 I've discovered this wonderful book the other day called David Goes to School, and I thought that this would be a perfect way to start a new school year!  This book is about a little boy named David, who doesn't follow the rules whiles he's in school.  At the beginning, David is a peacebreaker because he did not follow the rules; however, later on he becomes a PEACEMAKER.  After reading this book to your class, together as a team discuss rules and procedures, why they are both very important, and make up the rules of the classroom together!  I decided to create my own "David" using the following materials: construction paper, glue, markers, googly eyes, and tops of jars to trace out circles for the head.  The students may personalized David's outfit or follow what I did below!


No comments:

Post a Comment